Friday, July 27, 2007

Wednesday 7/25

I got up pretty early to have breakfast with Dr. Liebowitz and his wife!!! It was so exciting. They are adorable and interesting and I really enjoy talking about various things with them. They are here because Dr. Liebowitz is doing research on some things he is writing and he also went back to the archaeological dig he’s been working on for years to check up on it. Sadly I can’t remember the name of the sight ☹. After breakfast I met up with Becca and we got ourselves ready to go to the beach! I had promised myself that at some point before ulpan/school started I was going to get at least one day where I had nothing to do but sit on the beach and enjoy the day. We bussed into Tel Aviv and plopped ourselves down. After about an hour, Ana came to join us when she got off from work. We just sat around and swam a little. There was a maddening amount of trash in the water and then I saw a jellyfish and decided to stay out and not get stung! Becca had to head back to Jerusalem while Ana and I spent another good hour lying around. She was reading Harry Potter and I was just being and tanning. After we’d had enough, Ana and I went back to her house in Yaffo to cool down and shower off. We rested for a few hours. I decided to experiment with nail polish and made a huge mess of myself and had to keep re-doing everything. It was fun which is all that matters I guess. She was going out to dinner with friends relatively late and I decided that I wanted to get back home so that I could be productive on Thursday. We had a snack of crackers with some great spreads and then headed into town. I went home through the Tel Aviv Central Bus Station. I hate that place. It’s so massive and doesn’t make any sense. The station in Jerusalem is at least one long corridor; this place is 7 floors with terrible signage and mean information people. On my way back to Aaron’s house I stopped at Ariel’s to pick up some papers I had left there and to meet some of her extended family who is all in town for the Bar Mitzvah. She was really upset because her boyfriend, who happens to also be very close to her little brother, wasn’t going to be able to get out of the army to be with them. It was really sad. Her family was really nice. I give the Arnovitz’s a lot of credit though because it can’t be easy to plan and get ready for Bar Mitzvah stuff while trying to entertain and spend time with large amounts of close family who they haven’t seen in a while!

No comments: