Friday, July 27, 2007

Shabbat 7/21

The main eventful thing this Shabbat was a surprise I got in shul. I was sitting with David's mom and it was abnormally packed with a ton of girls. We were trying to figure out who they were when I heard someone whisper-shout my name. I turned and saw that my friend Shira Gross, a good friend from high school who I hadn't seen in probably 2 years, was standing there!! Turns out she was a madricha on the program that all of the girls were with. It was the camp moshava summer in Israel program and they were all Seth's age...weird. It was SOOOOO exciting to see her and so incredibly random. They were staying at a town across the street and had come over specifically to daven at this shul. Of all the places in the country she happened to be sitting 5 seats away from me!! After shul I introduced her to Craig, David, and Ari. We were going to go home and then I found out that Rav Brown was supposed to speak to the girls and I just HAD to say hi to him so we waited and schmoozed and caught up until he came. I only saw him for a second but it made me really happy. It was incredibly hot that day and after lunch I was just too hot to nap. I read for a while instead and then David's friends came back. We all hung out for a few hours, ate seudah shlishit, and then Shabbat was over. I watched some TV with David's family while his mom took Craig and Ana back to Jerusalem and picked up HARRY POTTER!! I was so excited when she came home that I started reading out lout to David so that I could be reading without completely ignoring him. We read out loud to each other until the end of Chapter 3 but it got really tiring and David had to get up at 5 something to get back to base so we decided to call it a night.

No comments: