Sunday, July 4, 2010

Gone Digging

Ok. In a few minutes I'm off to dig for ancient things for the next month! I'll be spending one week at Tel Eiton, where I dug last year, and 3 weeks at Tel Es Safi (Gath). One of the weeks at Safi I'll be participating in a Weitzmann Institute Archaeological Field School and I'm really excited. I took a course this year on Archaeological Sciences and this is the optional field experience continuation of the class. We get to do fun things in the lab and help the archaeologists answer burning questions about the chemical makeup of finds in real time out in the field. We can even determine at what temperature pottery was originally fired in about 5 minutes!!
For more information on the projects, check out the Safi blog : gath.wordpress.com
i'm not sure that Tel Eiton has a blog yet (at least not in english) but you can find information on the Bar Ilan website : lisa.biu.ac.il

Happy 4th of July and Happy Summer!

No comments: