Friday, July 9, 2010

Digging Week One

I just got back home from my first week of digs for the summer. I was at Tel E'ton and had a great time. It was the last week of the digging season for this Tel, and even though it's usually a really stressful time I really enjoyed myself. The whole waking up at 4am and then working a more than full day in the sun on little sleep and sometimes only marginal food thing is pretty tough, but considering I'll be spending a total of four weeks on digs in various capacities I tried to make sure I mostly enjoyed. It was physically challenging and I decided to treat the work like a free gym membership for the month. Hopefully by the end of this month I'll be in amazing shape!
This was a really great week. The atmosphere was fun and really enjoyable despite the hard work.
Next week I move to Tel Safi which is a whole different type of beast. It should also be a great experience... Hopefully I'll have the energy next week to give another update!
Shabbat Shalom

No comments: