Monday, January 28, 2008

SNOW?!? 12/28/07

Snow is all people are talking about. The Weather Report says that it is supposed to snow in some form and combination of heaviness from Tuesday night until Thursday morning. The question on everyone’s mind is: Is it really going to snow? Every year the forecasters predict snow in the hopes that the entire city will shut down and everyone will get a day (or few) to just play and relax and drink hot chocolate (mmmmm shoko). Houston is clearly a place that doesn’t get much snow so under any normal circumstances I should be SUPER excited at the prospect of a few snow days. But I’m not. I’m supposed to have a final on Wednesday and if it is cancelled due to snow I’ll have to take in on Friday. That is a really upsetting thought! The other downside is that David would be stuck in the army. What fun is a snow day if you can’t curl up next to the heater with the one you love?

Just wait though, once the snow falls I’ll be outside making snowballs like any good kid should. And once it does I know I’ll be glad it did. Snow in Jerusalem is supposedly one of the more beautiful things to behold and it would be a nice thing to add to my “first year in Israel” experiences list! Happy snow days everyone. Hope you are all bundled up and warm wherever you may be, snow or not.

No comments: