Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A Zionist Dreidel 12/4/06

Happy Chanukkah! So my first night of Chanukkah as an Israeli citizen started out pretty depressingly. On my way home from school I only saw 5 menorahs displayed in windows and since my roommate is sick there wasn’t much cheer in my apartment. Even though I think I’m also starting to come down with beginning of winter crud I knew I couldn’t have an unpleasant first Chanukkah. Fortunately my friend Talia is also under the weather and is home from the army. I went to her house to get some real Chanukkah feeling. Man am I glad I did! Aside from having a great evening with a wonderful friend I left with my first Zionist Dreidel. One that has a peh instead of a shin. I haven’t stopped playing with it since I saw it and Talia’s mom let me keep it as a present ☺. Thank goodness for those who know how to save Chanukkah from lonely despair by emphasizing the little yet important things!

No comments: